by: Rich Vaughan
Near the end of my active ministry I sometimes get reflective. Today, for your edification, I thought I would share with you (with some humor added) some of the things I have noticed over the years. Now enjoy!
(1) People are kind, polite, and sweet-spirited until you try to sit in their pew or you take their favorite church parking spot!
(2) Everyone wants to serve God, but most want to serve Him as advisors.
(3) It is easier to preach 10 sermons than to live one!
(4) People are funny. They want the front of the bus, the middle of the road and the back of the church.
(5) Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation will bang at the door for years!
(6) Don’t gripe about your church; if it was perfect you couldn’t belong.
(7) God does not judge a person until they are deceased. So why should you judge them while they are living?
(8) A lot of church members love to sing “Standing on the Promises” while they always sit on the premises!
(9) When you get to your wit’s end, you will find God lives there!
(10) If a church wants a better pastor, it needs to only pray for the one it has.
Smiles and thoughts provided by the Lord and many years of pastoral experiences. Have a Blessed day!