To apply, please email resume to Scarlet Edwards: email@example.com
Pianist Position Description
The pianist reports to the Minister of Music-Traditional. The pianist will provide leadership for both the choir and congregation by accompanying and providing music during choir rehearsal and one traditional Sunday service so that Holland’s Church can more intentionally and faithfully “love Jesus, love others, and serve with joy.”
Personal and Spiritual
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Full engagement in active Christian lifestyle and discipleship, including regular worship attendance, small group participation, lifestyle of generosity, and serving out of call and giftedness
- Is in full alignment with / support of the vision and direction of Holland's Church
- Model standards and expectations of Christian leadership, including positivity and professionalism
- Play the piano for the 8:30 a.m. worship service. Music to be prepared include meditation, congregational hymns, choir anthem, and any other special service music.
- Accompany the adult choir at Wednesday night choir practice.
- Accompany Holland’s Harmony, Gospel Jubileers, and any other groups or soloists as requested.
- Be available to practice with soloists or groups before or after Wednesday night choir practice, and before the 8:30 a.m. worship service.
- Play for any special worship services during the year.
- Annually attend continuing education event(s).
- Other duties as directed by the Lead Pastor, Minister of Music - Traditional Worship, or Staff/Parish Relations Committee.
Education, Experience, and Qualification Requirements
- Clear Background check, state and national
- Proficient in playing the piano. Degree in music preferred.
- Strong ability to sight read music required.
- Extra would be ability to play organ, but not required.
- Prior experience accompanying choirs/playing for church services preferred.
- The Lead Pastor and SPRC partner will conduct an annual evaluation or more frequently as needed, at the discretion of the Lead Pastor and SPRC.
- The employee may request a meeting with the SPRC partner at any time.
As a member of the Support Ministry Support Team, the pianist may take up to one Sunday per quarter off (four Sundays off per year) with pay.
Estimated Hours Required
It is anticipated this position will require approximately 10 hours per week. There may be times during the year that require more hours and times that require less hours.
Commensurate with education and experience.
General Information Concerning Position
The general responsibilities and terms are subject to change at the discretion of the SPRC and/or the Lead Pastor. This position serves at the pleasure of the church. The employee may terminate his/her employment with Holland's at any time with a minimum of four weeks-notice. Holland's reserves the right to terminate employment at any time.