NC Annual Conference 2020 Report
Because of COVID-19, the NC Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church was held June 18, from 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. virtually. Attendees from Holland’s were Lay
Members Paulette Hackney and Vicki Hardee, Clergy Members Richard Vaughan and Richard Cooper.
Conference information including the workbook, briefing session and other information is available on the url https://nccumc.org/ac2020/#updates.
The conference heard reports from the Committee on Episcopacy, and an update on the General and Jurisdictional Conferences that have been rescheduled for 2021 because of COVID-19.
Reports were given by the following and are available on the website. The results of the votes for these reports has not yet been sent to us.
• Laity Report – Gary Locklear, current Lay Leader, gave the Laity Report and John Hall was nominated for Conference Lay Leader beginning 2021.
• Committee on Nominations
• Financial Reports
• Council on Finance and Administration – The total annual conference budget for 2021 was reduced by 2.32%.
• Insurance Committee – 8% increase in health insurance rates and 5.5% increase for dental insurance for our participating conference employees.
• Board of Pension
• Commission on Equitable Compensation – No changes were recommended for minimum salary for clergy in 2021.
• Joint Committee on Clergy Medical Leave
• Board of Trustees
Appointments for clergy and cabinet were set by Bishop Hope Morgan Ward. Rev. Richard Vaughan will be returning to Holland’s and Rev. Gray Southern will continue as our District Superintendent. Bishop Hope Morgan Ward will retain the seat of Bishop for our conference.
Details of information about the conference are available on the website.
Paulette Hackney and Vicki Hardee, Lay Delegates to NC Annual Conference