Director of Youth Ministries
The Director of Youth Ministries will provide leadership to nurture an authentic faith in God in our youth (6th to 12th grades) to help them realize God created them, loves them, and has a purpose for them as they live their lives in God’s mission in the world-locally and globally-so that Holland’s Church can more intentionally and faithfully serve as “a caring community that invites and equips people to follow Jesus.”
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the ongoing ministries for youth including, but not limited to UMYF, Middle School and High School Sunday School, Bible Study opportunities, and other educational events as needed. Plan, coordinate, and implement the special events including, but not limited to, the Confirmation process, UMYF retreats, Discovery, Graduate Recognition Sunday, and other events involving youth as needed.
- Assist with scheduling of teachers and selection of curriculum for Middle School and High School Sunday School.
- Actively pursue outreach opportunities to draw families into the life of Holland’s UMC so that they may experience the grace of Christ.
- Develop and implement new ministry opportunities, with the counsel of the appointed pastors and the Youth Ministry Team, to enhance and grow Youth Ministries.
- Participate in planning meetings and opportunities of any group that involve the youth of the church.
- Ensure that all information concerning youth ministry and associated ministries/missions are publicized to the youth and the congregation through various channels including, but not limited to, monthly HUMC newsletter, worship bulletins and HUMC and MYF social media.
- Serve on Church Council as a member on the Youth Ministry Team (as Staff Liaison); keep the Church Council informed on the vision and ministries taking place in your work area.
- Work closely with other staff in planning and coordinating ministry
- SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Education, Experience, and Qualification Requirements:
- Clear Background check, state and national
- Possesses the ability and desire to work with children, youth, and adults
- Desires to be part of a team ministry. Experience in working in a group environment preferred.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Possesses the skills to recruit and equip volunteers in the Youth Ministry.
- Educational background or experience with children and/or youth. Degree preferred.
- Church related work (either as an employee or a volunteer) preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to perform tasks independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and a willingness to learn technology platforms and software, including social media; evidence of appropriate use and application of technology to support the Youth Ministry.
For a FULL Job Description, CLICK HERE
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Greg@HollandsUMC.org