Search for Administrative Assistant
Due to the confidential nature of some of the work performed in this position, independence from membership in Holland's UMC is preferred.
Holland’s United Methodist Church
The church administrative assistant reports to the lead pastor and is responsible for the operation of the church office and the duties required.
- Interface with church staff, congregation, visitors and others who come into the church or contact the church. Be the point of first contact as needed and relate well with all.
- Perform administrative tasks and assignments given and/or defined by the lead pastor.
- Be open to perform administrative tasks as requested by other church staff and congregational members.
- Maintain a list of specific responsibilities and tasks that have been assigned or are understood necessary for effective operation of the office and church. This list to be agreed to by the lead pastor, used for performance reviews, and revised as needed.
- Request, direct and coordinate work with church office volunteers.
- Maintain church office preparation and functionality by assuring that there are supplies as needed and that equipment is maintained and in working order.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding church records, staff and congregation information unless otherwise directed or approved.
- High school graduate, associate’s degree or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to learn and use other computer programs and products, including Holland’s Church ACS software.
- Experience using typical modern office machines and products.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in working in a group environment preferred.
- Motivated and ability to perform tasks without detailed instruction.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
Estimated Hours Required
This position requires approximately 36 hours per week.
Commensurate with education and experience.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support so that Holland’s United Methodist Church can more intentionally and faithfully serve as a “caring community that invites and equips people to follow Jesus.”
Click here for the position description.